Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Events of 9/11 Forever Changed Me

Before 9/11, like every other kid, I didn't really care about politics, history, religion and culture. I was in the 8th grade at the time and I only cared about video games, the popular music, comic books and girls. But the moment I saw footage of the towers on the news, my life changed.

I remember I went home for lunch and while I ate some spaghetti that my mother had left me, I turned on the TV and it was already on a news channel. I didn't really understand what was going on. But it sparked my curiosity and made me want to know more about this and why would someone do this.

On my way back to school, I picked up a newspaper and see if there was anything related to this. That was the first time I actually read the newspaper. At school, I would join those who talking about politics. I started watching the news instead of watching some of the shows for teenagers I used to watch. I read books and searched the net when I didn't know something.

It didn't instantly change me, but it set me forth on the right tracks. It made me a lot more aware of the world we live in. It made me aware that we shouldn't blindly trust the government and that countries will fight for money. I'm not talking about people in a specific government, but about the various nations currently hungry for power. We should get our mind right and not let ourself get hypnotized by the various forms of the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment